How to upgrade an existing COZYROC SSIS+ Suite installation to a higher version.
Before upgrading your existing COZYROC SSIS+ Suite
to a higher version, we recommend that you first review this entire page in detail. Depending on your upgrade situation you may need to reference the Compatibility Charts
on the Installation and Getting Started
page for changes you may need to make for your SSDT or SSIS extension compatibility.
All versions of the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite are backwards compatible, so it is not necessary to run multiple versions of SSIS+ on the same server and it will not work if you try to install multiple versions. Because SSIS+ is backwards compatible, this means that you do not have to edit, rebuild or redeploy your packages after upgrading with the exception of when you are upgrading across the 1.7 SR2 threshold mentioned in the red warning messages in this article.
Note: Again, it is not necessary to edit, rebuild or redeploy packages created in the older version of SSIS+ unless you are upgrading from SSIS+ versions prior to 1.7 SR-2.
Note: After an upgrade, your license.dat file will still exist so you do not have to retrieve the license key from the server again. However, if you are making changes to the version of your SQL Server, you will need to reset your license record. You can find information in this KB article on How to reset your License record.
If you are upgrading to a new version of SQL Server, backup the License.dat file found in your COZYROC installation if you did not already do this when you installed the product.
Please determine which of the two situations below apply to your upgrade and follow the instructions for that situation.
1. Upgrading SSIS+ to a higher version with no changes to SQL Server version or VS version.
Please be aware: If you are upgrading from COZYROC SSIS+ versions prior to v1.7 SR-2,
see this article
for additional steps required to upgrade.
If you are only upgrading the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite and you are not upgrading SQL Server or Visual Studio, here are the steps to upgrade your existing version of SSIS+:
the current version of the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite
Submit the Download Form in order to
receive an eMail with a link that brings you to the SSIS+ Download page.
Once you are on
the Download page, scroll down to find the desired version of the COZYROC
SSIS+ Suite installer package file.
- Depending on your
Windows operating system environment, Click on the
button 64-Bit (x64) or 32-Bit (x84) version to
download the installer package file.
- Install the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite.
If you have not upgraded to a newer version of SQL Server, then there is no need to make any additional changes for licensing during an SSIS+ upgrade. The licensing will remain in place.
2. Upgrading SSIS+ to a higher version with changes to SQL Server version or VS version.
Please be aware: If you are upgrading from COZYROC SSIS+ versions prior to v1.7 SR-2, see this article for additional steps required to upgrade.
The Compatibility Charts
on the Installation and Getting Started
page will help ensure proper installation and configuration of your environment, but most importantly, ensure that COZYROC SSIS+ Suite will work. Although the SSDT is downward compatible, not every SQL Server version is supported. In order to avoid compatibility issues, install the SSDT version recommended for the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite.
Here are the steps to upgrade your existing version of SSIS+ in this situation:
- Uninstall the current version of the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite and SQL Server Development Tools ( SSDT ).
- From the Compatibility Charts, determine if a change is needed for the version of SSDT you currently have installed to make it compatible with any changes you have made to SQL Server version or Visual Studio versions and if needed, download the recommended SSDT for your COZYROC SSIS+ Suite. Note: the link is provided in the Download column. (You can check your current version of SSDT by following the KB article here.)
- Submit the Download Form in order to receive an eMail with a link that brings you to the SSIS+ Download page.
- Once you are on the Download page, scroll down to find the desired version of the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite installer package file.
- Depending on your Windows operating system environment, click on the button 64-Bit (x64) or 32-Bit (x84) version to download the installer package file.
- Install the SQL Server Development Tools ( SSDT ) that you downloaded in Step 2.
- Finally, install the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite .
If you are upgrading only SSIS+ , you are not require to make any changes to the licensing as the licensing will remain in place, however, if you have also upgraded to a newer version of SQL Server then there will be changes that need to be made for the licensing.
Upgrading your SQL Server version is essentially placing the COZYROC SSIS+ into a new environment and similar to migrating your SSIS+ to a new machine.
In other words, the Machine ID generated in the COZYROC License Manager app for the original SQL Server version is different than the Machine ID generated for the new SQL Server version you have upgraded to. You would first need to disassociate the license key being used for the original Machine ID on older SQL Server version from the Licensee record, before you can reuse that license key on the newly generated Machine ID for the newer SQL Server version.
To do this:
- In the COZYROC License Manager App, while having the context focused on the older version of SQL Server that you upgraded from, you will see the old Machine ID that is currently licensed against the Licensee Identifier record. Use the License Customer Form to decommission the Machine ID associated with the older version of SQL Server you see here. This will disassociate the old machine ID from your Licensee Identifier. You will be asked in the second step (next page) for your License.dat file. Once this step is complete, you have effectively reset your license record and the License key is now available to license SSIS+ to the new version of SQL Server. For more detailed instructions on resetting your license record, see How to reset your License record.
- After resetting your license record, from the COZYROC SSIS+ License Application on the old SQL Server version, click the Remove button to remove the license file from this server. It is no longer needed since you have disassociated the old Machine ID.
- Finally, switch the COZYROC SSIS+ License Application so that it's context is showing the new version of SQL Server that you are upgrading to.
- Type your Licensee Identifier in the text box and then click the button to retrieve the License key, thereby using the slot that was freed up from the older SQL Server version. A new version of License.dat is created on this server. You should back this file up in case it is needed to disassociate the machine ID in the future.
Installation and Getting Started
Overview This article contains information to help ensure proper installation and configuration of your environment, but most importantly, ensure that COZYROC SSIS+ Suite will work with the installed components (e.g., SQL Server, SSDT). Although ...
How To Verify the Release Installed for Visual Studio, SSDT, and COZYROC SSIS+
Once you have verified which versions you have installed below, please jump over to our Compatibility Charts on the Installation and Getting Started page to make sure all of these component are compatible with each other. Demonstration Video ...
How to upgrade from SSIS+ versions older than v1.7 SR-2 to SSIS+ versions v1.7 SR-2 or newer.
Packages that include any COZYROC tasks or components and were created prior to SSIS+ version 1.7 SR-2 cannot be upgraded directly to version 1.8 or later. They must first be upgraded to SSIS+ v1.7 (SR-2). Microsoft made changes in Visual Studio and ...
What are the recommended steps for installation?
Review the information on the Installation and Getting Started page; the Compatibility Chart is especially important. This will ensure proper installation and configuration of your environment and ensure that the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite will work with ...
COZYROC recommended SSDT versions for Data Flow Task Plus
SQL Server Target COZYROC SSIS+ Versions SSDT Version Recommended SQL Server 2019 1.9+ (1.9 or higher) 3.10 for VS2019 15.9.1 for VS2017 SQL Server 2017 1.8+ (1.8 or higher) 15.8.0 for VS2017 17.4.0 for VS2015 SQL Server 2016 1.7+ (1.7 or higher) ...