Error Message: The task with the name “XXXX” and the creation name “SSIS.ReplacementTask” is not registered for use on this computer.
After upgrading from COZYROC SSIS+ v1.6 to v1.8 or above, or adding an older package from a v1.6 environment to a v1.8 environment package, you get the following error.
An error occurred with the following error message: The task with the name “XXXX” and the creation name “SSIS.ReplacementTask” is not registered for use on this computer.
Here is an example of the error:
The most likely problem is that the package you have opened is corrupt due to an anomaly in the normal upgrade process to a higher version of SSIS+. Specifically, this particular case would happen when going from version 1.6 or below to 1.8 or higher, without first upgrading to COZYROC SSIS+ Suite version 1.7.
To confirm this, open the raw package DTSX file in a text editor and search for “ReplacementTask”. If you find it, this means the package is corrupt.
Packages that included any COZYROC tasks or components and were created prior to SSIS+ version 1.7 cannot be upgraded directly to version 1.8 or later.
For example, you cannot upgrade a package with DFT+ created with SSIS+ v1.6 to SSIS+ v1.8 or above, without first upgrading the package to SSIS+ v1.7 (SR2).
In order to resolve this issue, you will need to use an un-corrupted version of your SSIS package and start over with the upgrade. The specific steps, in order, are below.
Version 1.7 SR-2 included processes that changed the underlying executable type in the code of the package, which was needed as a result of Microsoft separating the SSIS functionality from VS into a now separate SSDT.
We can see in the screenshot below, that the upgrade to the package from v1.6 to v1.7 SR-2 changed the DTS:ExecutableType from "CozyRoc.SqlServer.SSIS.DataFlowTaskPlus12" to "CozyRoc.Pipeline".
Here are the steps to upgrade properly. Be sure to start with packages from before the corruption occurred:
- Uninstall the current version of the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite.
- In order to download the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite v1.7 SR-2 you will need to submit the Download Form. Note: you will receive an eMail with a link that brings you to the Download page.
- Once you are on the Download page, scroll down to find the SSIS+ v1.7 SR-2 installation package. (See Figure 01 below).
- Install the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite v1.7 SR-2
- Make a slight change to all of your SSIS packages that contain any COZYROC components or tasks. The change can be as simple as adding a space to one of the task names in the package.
- Save the SSIS Package.
- Uninstall the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite v1.7 SR-2.
- Using the previous link sent in the eMail, download whatever version of the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite that you desire.
- Install the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite.
Note: your license.dat file will still exist so you do not have to retrieve the license key from the server.