MongoDB Source: How to modify the filter property dynamically at runtime
The MongoDB filter property is available in the data flow properties list to be set dynamically at run time. Note: The process for setting the collection and samplesize properties for MongoDB are the same as for the filter property.
Follow these steps to set up an expression:
- Create a variable that can be loaded with the desired entity’s name.
- Right-click on the data flow canvas and select the Properties menu.
- Scroll down and find the properties in the group called Misc.
- Note the name of the property you want to modify dynamically at runtime. It will be named something like this: [MongoDB Source].[Filter]. This is the property containing the filter’s name
- Scroll down and find the Expressions property.
- Set up an expression for the property noted above using a variable to modify it dynamically at runtime.