How to upgrade from SSIS+ versions older than v1.7 SR-2 to SSIS+ versions v1.7 SR-2 or newer.
Packages that include any COZYROC tasks or components and were created
prior to SSIS+ version 1.7 SR-2 cannot be upgraded directly to version 1.8 or later.
They must first be upgraded to SSIS+ v1.7 (SR-2).
Microsoft made changes in Visual Studio and SSDT related to the SSIS
Designer. COZYROC’s SSIS+ v1.7 includes processes to handle these changes by
changing the underlying executable type in the code of the package. It is the
only release that makes the changes necessary to migrate packages properly.
Therefore, all packages with COZYROC components or tasks must use SSIS+ v1.7
SR-2 to make the necessary changes to the packages. Going forward from there,
the packages can be safely migrated to any later release.
Here are the steps to upgrade properly to avoid package corruption:
- Uninstall the current version of the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite.
- In order to download the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite v1.7 SR-2 you will need
to submit the Download Form. Note: you will receive an eMail with a link that brings you to the
- Once you are on the Download page, scroll down to find
the SSIS+ v1.7 SR-2 installation package. (See Figure 01 below).
- Install the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite v1.7 SR-2
- Make a slight change to all of your SSIS packages that contain any
COZYROC components or tasks. The change can be as simple as adding a space
to one of the task names in the package.
- Save the SSIS Package.
- Uninstall the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite v1.7 SR-2.
- Using the previous link sent in the eMail, download whatever version
of the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite that you desire.
- Install the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite.
Note: your license.dat file will still exist so you do not have to
retrieve the license key from the server.