In order for this process to work, you must have both SQL 2005 and 2008 installed side-by-side on the same machine.
Most of the scripts published in the public script repository are for SQL 2005. However they can be easily upgraded to SQL 2008 by following these 10 steps:
- Create an SSIS 2005 package and insert the Data Flow Task. Go to data flow design and insert the COZYROC Script Component Plus.
- Load a script in the component and break the link to the script. Save the package.
- Go to the SSIS 2008 solution. Right-click on the solution and select 'Add Existing Package'.
- Select the package you have created in step 1. SSIS 2008 will do an automatic upgrade of the package and show some warnings.
- Open the imported package.
- Double-click on the COZYROC Script Component Plus and enter the script IDE.
- Right-click on the script project and select Properties.
- Go to the References tab and add a reference to CozyRoc.SSISPlus.2008 from the "Microsoft SQL Server\100\SDK\Assemblies" folder.
- Save and close the project settings. Make sure the script compiles.
- Close the script IDE and export the script.