Excel Source Plus: How to modify the source region dynamically at runtime
The source region is available in the data flow
properties list. Follow these steps to set up an expression:
- Create a variable that can be loaded with the desired region. The variable should be a string and the order should be: start column, start row, end column, end row. '-1' means read all the columns or rows.
- Right-click on the data flow canvas and select
the Properties menu.
- Scroll down and find the properties in the group
- Note the name of the property you want to modify dynamically
at runtime. It will be named something like this: [Excel Source
is the property containing the region. The
format of this parameter is: Start column, Start row, Number of columns, Number
- Scroll down and find the Expressions property.
Set up an expression for the property noted above using a variable to
modify it dynamically at runtime.
To watch a video showing how to do this, go here