Error Message: License: <NAME> component is not licensed.
When executing an SSIS package with a COZYROC Task and/or component, the following error is encountered.
"License: '<NAME>' component is not licensed."
Note: in order to execute packages from the SQL Server Agent, make sure you have given explicit Read and Write permission to the COZYROC License.dat file. The Check box must be a solid black on the Read and Write permissions. If the Check box is a gray color, then the permission from the parent folder are applied and you will need to convert the inherited permissions to explicit permissions.
- Right Click on the License.dat file and select the Properties from the sub-menu. Note: the License.dat file is located under the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\CozyRoc\SSIS.
- When the License.dat Properties Window is displayed, Click on the Security tab (See Figure 01).
- Click on the Advance button located at the bottom right corner.
- Select the user from the Permissions tab and then Click the Disable Inheritance button (See Figure 02).
- When the Block Inheritance Window is displayed, Click on "Convert inherited permissions into explicit permissions on this object." (See Figure 03).
- Click on the Apply and then afterward the Click OK button.
Note: after applying the changes to the License.dat file, you will need to restart the SQL Server Agent.
Figure 01 - License.dat Properties (Before)
Figure 02 - Advance Security Settings for License.dat
Figure 03 - Block Inheritance